Tuesday, May 11

I don't want to get too excited yet, but I think my new cable modem just may be the fix I needed.

It's amazing what you can get done when your internet connection isn't working. I'm sitting in a clean office. Yippee.

Alas, I have nothing prurient to report save a brief afternoon tryst with Mr. X. (I'd have preferred it to have been with a different Letter Boy, but the universe tends to conspire against that so I took what I could get instead.) I haven't spent much time with Mr. X lately, so he was on his best behavior and was actually not unpleasant to be around for a change. I've realized if he starts to get too obnoxious, all I have to do is avoid him for a while and he becomes uncharacteristically amiable.

On a completely different note, I want to address the STD issue, for the final time.

I get emails from people asking me how can I do this and not be worried about STDs. Of course I'm concerned about STDs. And since I am concerned, I take as many reasonable precautions as I can to avoid contracting one, and probably even more so than someone who doesn't spend as much time as I do having sex. (I don't have that "Aw, it'll never happen to me" syndrome.) Of course there is still a risk, regardless of the precautions I take. I certainly am well aware of this. I am also aware that someday I may be run over by a bus, or be in an automobile accident. Does it make me afraid to cross the street? Do I refuse to drive or ride in a car? No and no. Why? Because I take reasonable precautions. I look both ways before I cross and wear my seatbelt, too.

That is about all I have to say on this particular topic. If you have all sorts of questions about STDs and prevention, don't ask me, but feel free to go and ask Google. There's a wealth of knowledge out there.