Tuesday, June 8

A curious reader wanted to know what are the differences between having sex with my boyfriend and having sex with clients.

The sex I have with my boyfriend is rarely surprising. When you've been sleeping with someone for more than a decade, you tend to know all their moves, and vice-versa. You know what they do, how they do it, how long they'll do it for, and in what order the things they do will happen. If you're me, you also know that there's not a whole lot of animal lust going on, either, but you accept that as perfectly normal. I know that the pleasuring that is going on is done out of love, not passion, and that's ok.

When I'm with a client, I don't know anything for sure. Every client is like a new puzzle to figure out and therefore it is a challenge for me. I have to pay much closer attention to whatever it is that I'm doing, since it's not a tried and true method as it is with my boyfriend. My clients aren't motivated by love to have sex with me , they're motivated by more base feelings--like lust, for instance. They want to have sex with me because they're horny and they find me attractive, not because I cook them dinner and snuggle with them during the Sopranos.

I'm not even sure if that is the information the curious reader was looking for, but it was a stab.