Sunday, July 25

Sometimes I wonder if it's because I spent the first 22 years of my life being so very good and doing what was expected of me, that I've enjoyed so much being spectacularly bad and relished doing the absolute unexpected for the last 12 or so. (And by bad, I do not mean ever purposely causing anyone harm. I haven't stopped trying to be a kind person.)

Perhaps I just didn't have the courage when I was younger to do anything but the expected. I recall spending an awful lot of time and energy worrying and being afraid of what people would think if I didn't do what I was supposed to do. Somewhere along the line I realized that people can't think anything if they don't know anything. If you plan well and don't get caught, you can fly under the radar.

"Why did you hook?" people ask. I think part of the answer lies in the above. Getting away with the unexpected while maintaining my good girl image was what hooked me.