Friday, November 26

I'm not huge fan of the holidays. I think it stems from growing up in a house where there was never enough money, and plenty of anger, and the combo made for tension filled and very bleak 'celebrations.' Now that I'm an adult and I have actual control over my life, I don't have that same sense of sheer despair, but if I could just skip the next month and have it be mid-January, that would be perfectly fine with me.

I had a pretty relaxing and pleasant Thanksgiving. Last year was the first time my boyfriend and I decided to forgo doing the family dinner thing, and I cooked the meal and had it here at my house. We had a friend join us and had not only the most delicious Thanksgiving meal I'd ever had, but the most stress-free one, too. We decided to leisurely head over to his parent's house for dessert and to see everyone for a bit. It worked out so well for us that we decided to do the same thing this year and I'm so glad. Seeing family isn't nearly as stressful when it's in a small dessert sized dose!

Today I'm going to avoid going anywhere near any stores since the idea of trying to find parking and getting involved in the fray of crazed bargain hunters appeals about to me about as much as being smacked in the head with a brick. I just don't understand why anyone would want to deal with that. I'm going to work on some crafts instead.

Obviously I'm not dead. You guys are too much.